Sunshine Pet Pack – NEW!
Engaging, emotive and thought-provoking stories that focus on the themes of responsible pet care and animal welfare.
- Levels 20-25 (24-page colour illustrated books)
- Stories focus on common pets such as cats, dogs, mice, rabbits and hens!
- Written in conjunction with the New Zealand SPCA.
- Perfect for take-home or guided reading
These engaging and entertaining stories are aimed at raising children’s awareness about the skills and responsibilities of having a pet. Each book includes a page of SPCA approved hints about caring for the kind of animal that is the subject of the book.
The Smooth Movers’ Club
A boy and his father want their move to the city to go smoothly for their cat Noah. It does, until Muscles, the fearsome neighbourhood tomcat, turns up.
Sam and Charlie Love Pudding
When the abandoned cat who lives under the sports shed at their school gets into trouble, Sam and Charlie have to act.
The Problem with Sione’s Spaghetti
Sione’s pet rabbit has a problem. Sione’s solution involves a pack of raging rhinos, but will it work?
Storm Gets A New family
Storm used to spend his days chained to kennel till his life was changed by a bolt of lightning and a girl with friendly eyes.
Pumpkin Pie and Pavlova
Mrs Melling likes pumpkin pie and pavlova much more than she likes Mr Watkins or his hens. Will Mr Watkins find a way to change that?
The Mouse at the Mall
A girl and her mother go to the mall to buy shoes. They leave with a shoebox with a toilet roll and a mouse inside. What will happen next?
Traditional Stories – NEW!
This new series features 24 beautifully illustrated stories and fables also presented in script form for Reader’s Theatre.
- The books are perfect for helping students to explore character and plot and the conventions of narratives as well as providing opportunity for dramatic presentations.
- Each book connects with a free online writing activity that allows students to write a range of creative texts based on the story. Click here to view sample online activity.
Click the image below to view sample pages
Sunshine Classics – 110 New Titles at the Higher Levels!
Your favourite series just got a whole lot bigger! For the first time, Levels 20 to 30 have been added to this program from all-time favourite Sunshine titles. Fiction and non-fiction your students will want to get their hands on!
Click here for books.
Discovering Sustainability – NEW SERIES
The new series for middle and upper primary has been developed to support the Australian cross-curricular priority: Sustainability. The 4 books explore the impact of sustainable and unsustainable activities on planet Earth at local and global levels. Level 30+