Sunshine Starters, Levels 6-8
Sunshine Starters is a new literacy program that focuses on the five essential skill areas that all children need in order to develop into successful readers. Evidence-based findings have identified these key areas as:
– the ability to hear, identify and manipulate individual sounds (phonemes) in spoken words.
– understanding the relationship between written letters (graphemes) and sounds.
– developing an ever-increasing base of known words and their meaning.
– ability to understand and make meaning from text.
– ability to read at pace with accuracy and expression.
Sunshine Starters feature:
- Engaging fiction and non-fiction texts
- High-frequency words presented as flash cards on the inside cover of each book
- Skills teaching focus on the inside back cover of all titles
To download individual Teachers Notes click on a book and find the link or download all levels 6-8 below.