- 50 titles for independent readers
- Chapter books with more extensive texts
- Content and increasing text complexity to develop greater independence in reading
- More informational texts with deeper meaning
- Historical texts (famous events in history)
- Fewer illustrations in fiction
- Content supported and/or extended by a combination of graphics,
illustrations and photos in informational texts
The new Classics titles include chapter books with bridging titles (24 pages) through to more extensive texts (48 pages). The range of content and increasing text complexity is matched perfectly for students as they develop greater independence in their reading.
The new Classics titles draw on the talents of exceptional children’s authors including some of the creative works of Margaret Mahy.
More Informational Text
The non-fiction texts include an interesting selection of topics – many titles are drawn from the highly successful Sunshine Science series. Information is presented in a way that makes it easily accessible for all students.